Gazpacho Recipe. Need a cool recipe for a hot day then try this Gazpacho - the best known cold soup. This recipe uses roasted tomatoes and red bell peppers that helps intensify the sweet flavor of this summertime favorite.
|red bell pepper||2|
|cucumber||2||peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|red wine vinegar||2 Tbsps|
|bread - whole||2 cups||crust removed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|salt||1 Tbsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1 tsp||to taste|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
- Place the red peppers on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes.
- Allow the tomatoes to cool and peel off the skin. Place the tomatoes in a large glass bowl and crush with your hands.
- Place the red peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap until cool. Place the pieces of bread in a glass bowl and cover with water for 10 minutes.
- When the red bell peppers have cooled remove the skin, the stem, and the seeds. Tear into pieces and place in the bowl with the tomatoes. Add the cucumbers, crushed garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, soaked bread, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator and allow the flavors to combine for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Puree in a blender or food processor. Chill for an additional 2 hours and serve.
If you like a thinner Gazapacho strain the soup before serving. To intensify the flavor garnish with diced green onions, chunks of avocado, and splashes of hot sauce.