Fish Fritters Recipe. Ever wonder what to do with leftover fish? This is a great recipe that makes a quick weeknight dinner. Serve with a side of salad with your favorite vinaigrette and you have a delicious meal.
|vegetable oil||2 cups|
|salt||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|fish - cooked||1 lb|
|all-purpose flour||1 cup|
- Heat the vegetable oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Place paper towels over a plate and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the beaten eggs, salt, and black pepper until frothy.
- Take the cooked fish and tear it into shreds and place into the egg wash.
- Add the all purpose flour and mix well.
- When the oil is hot take a tablespoon of the fish mixture and form a flat 2 inch patty using both hands.
- Place the patty in the oil and fry for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Do not overcrowd the sauté pan.
- Remove the cooked patty to the paper covered plate and allow to drain.
- Repeat the process with the remaining patties and serve immediately.
1 batch makes 12 to 14 fritters.