Fifth Street Bistro House Dressing with Mixed Greens
In many supermarket produce sections you will find a refrigerated bin with different types of lettuces and greens mixed together. They're comprised of frisee, baby romaine, and radicchio to name a few. They have a bitter flavor. What's great about this salad is the dressing provides the sweetness necessary to balance out the flavors. If you didn't like these types of greens before, you will now with this dressing.
|granulated sugar||1/2 cup|
|celery seed||1 1/2 tsps|
|paprika||1 1/2 tsps|
|garlic powder||1 1/2 tsps|
|onion powder||1 1/2 tsps|
|dry mustard||1 1/2 tsps|
|vegetable oil||3/4 cup|
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|red wine vinegar||3 Tbsps|
|balsamic vinegar||3 Tbsps|
|baby lettuces and greens||1 lb|
- In a bowl combine the sugar, salt, celery seed, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and dry mustard.
- Wisk in the vegetable oil.
- Wisk in the olive oil.
- Wisk in the red wine vinegar.
- Wisk in the balsamic vinegar.
- In a salad bowl place the fresh baby lettuces and greens.
- Drizzle the salad dressing and toss.
- Garnish with raisins to your liking.