Fennel Risotto Recipe. A creamy risotto with the sweet flavor of fennel.
|chicken broth||3 1/2 cups|
|olive oil||1 1/2 Tbsps|
|fennel||2||stems removed and julienned|
|salt||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|Arborio rice||1 cup|
|white wine||1/2 cup|
|unsalted butter||3 Tbsps|
|Parmesan cheese||1/4 cup||grated|
- In a saucepan bring the chicken broth to a simmer.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the fennel. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Arborio rice and toast for 5 to 7 minutes. Constantly stir the rice to prevent burning.
- Stir in the white wine and reduce.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the simmering chicken broth. Continue to stir the Arborio rice until the broth is absorbed.
- Add an additional 1/2 cup of broth and continually stir until the broth is absorbed. Repeat until the broth is all used up and the risotto is al dente.
- Stir in the butter and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
The fennel frawns from the stems can be used as garnish.