Curried Rice Salad
Curried Rice Salad Recipe. A delicious rice salad that has a bit of kick and little crunch.
|chicken broth||2 cups|
|jalapeno chile||1||seeded and minced|
|red bell pepper||1/2||seeded and chopped|
|bell pepper||1/2||seeded and chopped|
|olive oil||3 Tbsps|
|sugar||1 1/2 tsps|
|artichoke hearts - marinated||3/4 lb|
|curry powder||1 1/2 Tbsps|
|chili oil||1 1/2 tsps|
|green onion||3||sliced thin|
- In a saucepan heat the chicken broth over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add the rice and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer. Cover and cook for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Strain the marinating liquid from the artichoke hearts and place into a bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, curry powder, chili oil, and ginger.
- In a sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the red onion, jalapeno, red bell pepper, bell pepper, and strained artichoke hearts. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
- In a large bowl combine the rice, sautéed vegetables, peanuts, green onions, and mayonnaise mixture.
- Mix well and refrigerate overnight.