Cranberry Mojito Recipe. A holiday twist to the classic Mojito.
|superfine sugar||2 cups|
|mint (fresh)||2 cups|
|lime juice||1 cup|
|rum||4 cups||to taste|
|club soda||1 cup|
|lime||2||cut into wedges|
- In a saucepan over high heat bring the water to a boil. Add the superfine sugar and cranberries. Mix well and boil for 5 to 10 minutes until the cranberries begin to breakdown.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Finley chop the mint and add to a large pitcher.
- Add the lime juice and cooled down cranberry mixture.
- Stir in the rum and club soda.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow the mint to steep for 2 to 4 hours.
- Taste and add additional sugar if necessary.
- Fill up your serving glasses to the rim with ice and pour in the cranberry mojito mixture. Top with a lime wedge and serve immediately.
A real mojito is made with sugar cane juice which is pressed from fresh sugar cane. Since that is very difficult to do at home the next best thing is to allow the mint to steep in the sugar syrup and rum in your refrigerator for a few hours. This allows the flavors to develop to get a true mojito.