Crab Cakes Recipe. This is a spicy version of the crab cake that is very light and fresh tasting. It's a great appetizer for any meal.
|bread -slices||1||made into small crumbs|
|Dijon mustard||1 1/2 tsps|
|Worcestershire sauce||1/2 tsp|
|jalapeno chile||1||seeded and diced|
|lemon||1||zest removed & quartered|
|Old Bay seasoning||1 tsp|
|black pepper||1 tsp|
|vegetable oil||2 Tbsps|
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the crab and bread crumbs in a large bowl. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, jalapeno, cilantro, beaten egg, shallot, mayonnaise, lemon zest, Old Bay seasoning, and black pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the mixture to the crab meat and mix thoroughly.
- Coat a baking sheet with the vegetable oil.
- Using a large cookie/biscuit cutter as a mold. Place on the baking sheet and fill with the crab mixture. Lift and repeat.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Check the crab cakes occasionally and lift them with a spatula to insure that they are not sticking to the baking sheet.
- Remove and place under broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or until the tops become crispy. Serve with lemon wedges.
Try not to make small pieces of the crab meat. The bigger the chunks the better the cake.