Corned Beef with Cabbage
Corned Beef with Cabbage Recipe. This is a meal in itself. You can slice the Corned Beef thin and make some delicious sandwiches on rye or sourdough bread. Or slice it thick and serve it with the vegetables on the side.
|corned beef||2 1/2 lbs|
|water||10 cups||to cover|
|onion||2||peeled and quartered|
|carrot||3||peeled and chopped|
|cabbage||1||cored and quartered|
- Remove the corned beef with all its spices from its package and place in a large stock pot. Cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the onion, carrot, and red potatoes. Cook for 45 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove the corned beef from the broth and allow it to sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with the cabbage and potatoes.
The corned beef comes with pickling spices in a vacuum sealed package. This is a very easy recipe to make.