Colcannon Recipe. A traditional Irish dish made with cabbage, mashed potatoes, and butter. It is decadent and delicious.
|green onion||1/2 cup||chopped|
|salt||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|Italian parsley||1 Tbsp||chopped|
- In a saucepan place the potatoes and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the water and mash.
- In a separate saucepan bring water to a boil and add the shredded cabbage. Cook for 10 minutes. Drain the water.
- In a large stock pot melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the green onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the cabbage and mashed potatoes.
- Drizzle in the milk to create a creamy consistency.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.