Classic Hamburger Recipe. We tend to forget how good a hamburger can be with so many fast food choices. This hamburger is made from a combination of ground chuck and sirloin. The ground chuck provides the fat needed for a juicy hamburger and the sirloin gives us the lean flavor of a steak.
|ground chuck||2 lbs|
|ground sirloin||1 lb|
|heavy cream||3 Tbsps|
|kosher salt||1 1/2 tsps|
|black pepper||3/4 tsp|
|On the Side|
|red onion||1||sliced thin|
|bread-and-butter pickles||1/2 cup|
- On a flat surface spread out the ground chuck and sirloin.
- Grate the onion evenly over the meat. You want grated onion and the juice to be spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the cream, kosher salt, and black pepper over the meat.
- Carefully combine the meat.
- Roughly form the hamburger patties. Be careful not to compress the meat too much as you will end up with a hard hamburger.
- Heat your grill to medium heat.
- Cook on each side for 4 to 5 minutes covered.
- Remove and serve to your guests with the remaining ingredients on the side so they can build their own hamburgers.
This hamburger can also be fried in a frying pan. Heat oil over high heat and fry each side for 4 to 5 minutes.