Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Recipe. Chocolate and strawberries can there be a more decadent combination?
|semi-sweet chocolate||3/4 lb|
|vegetable shortening||2 Tbsps|
- There are two ways to melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
- If using a double boiler fill the bottom boiler with water. Fill the top portion with the semi-sweet chocolate. Bring the bottom boiler to a simmer over medium heat. Stir occasionally until melted. Remove from the heat and pour into a separate bowl.
- If using a microwave combine the semi-sweet chocolate and vegetable shortening in a microwave safe bowl.
- Place in the microwave and set the temperature to medium high (70%).
- Melt for 1 minute. Stir. Melt for an additional 10 to 15 seconds. Mix. If needed melt for another 10 to 15 seconds.
- Dip each strawberry in the chocolate.
- Place the chocolate covered strawberries on the covered baking sheet.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least one hour so the chocolate can harden.