Chili con Carne
Chili con Carne Recipe. If you're going to feed an army this is a great recipe to make. It's an easy to make hearty meal.
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|onion||4||medium - chopped|
|chili powder||1 1/3 Tbsps|
|tomato - chopped (canned)||7 cups|
|red jalape˝o pepper||2||seeded and diced|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|pinto beans - canned||3 1/2 cups|
|kidney beans - canned||3 1/2 cups|
- In a stockpot heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chili powder and cumin. Stir thoroughly.
- Add the ground chuck and brown the meat.
- Add the canned tomatoes, water, chopped red jalape├▒o peppers, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook for 1 hour.
- Add the pinto and kidney beans. Cook for an additional 1/2 hour.