Chicken Taquitos Recipe. Taquitos with Guacamole. Comfort food at its best.
- In a stockpot combine the chicken breast, onion, garlic cloves, cilantro, salt, black peppercorns, and enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil then lower the heat to a simmer.
- Cook the chicken for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and shred with your hands.
- Take a tortilla and place a line of the shredded chicken at the bottom of the tortilla.
- Roll up the tortilla tightly and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Fry the taquitos on each side until the tortillas are crisp and golden.
To make the tortillas easier to roll dip them in water first and then warm them in a skillet.