Chicken Soup Recipe. The foundation for all great soups.
|chicken||1||4 to 5 lbs. washed and quartered|
|carrot||2||peeled and chopped|
|parsnip||1||peeled and chopped|
|turnip||1||peeled and chopped|
|white pepper||2 tsps|
|kosher salt||2 Tbsps||to taste|
- In a large stock pot place the chicken pieces and cover with the cold water. Bring to a boil.
- Skim the surface of the broth with a large spoon to remove the scum.
- Add the onion, garlic, celery, carrot, parsnip, turnip, bay leaf, dill sprigs, and white pepper.
- Mix well and lower the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 4 hours and skim the surface to remove the scum occasionally.
- Strain the soup into your serving dish to remove the chicken and vegetables. Remove the skin and bones from the chicken and add to the soup.