Cheesecake Recipe. The perfect desert for any occasion. No one ever says no to a slice of cheesecake and a cup of tea.
|graham cracker||1 1/2 cups|
|unsalted butter||1/2 cup||melted|
|cream cheese||3 lbs||room temperature|
|sugar||1 1/2 cups|
|vanilla extract||2 tsps|
|egg yolk||2||room temperature|
|lemon juice||1 Tbsp|
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Toss with fork. Press into the bottom of a 10 inch spring form cake pan.
- Bake on the bottom rack for 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. Reduce the heat in the oven to 300 degrees.
- Fill a roast pan with hot water and place on the bottom rack of the oven.
- In a mixer beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- In a bowl whisk together the egg and egg yolk. Add the eggs and lemon juice to the cream cheese mixture and mix for 30 seconds.
- Pour into the spring form cake pan.
- Bake on center rack for 1 1/4 hours.
- Cool cake on rack and then place in refrigerator overnight.