Carrots with Chives
Carrots and Chives Recipe. A quick and easy side dish for any family meal. This recipe kicks up the sweetness of the carrot and enhances the flavor with a rich and silky butter sauce.
|carrot||1 lb||sliced thin on a bias|
|unsalted butter||1 Tbsp|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp|
- In a saucepan combine the carrot, unsalted butter, water, sugar, salt, and black pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Most of the water will have evaporated.
- If there is liquid left in the pan cook for an additional 2 minutes uncovered until the carrots start to sizzle and there is hardly any liquid left.
- Remove from the heat. Toss with the chopped chives.
- Serve immediately.