Carrot Lentil Ginger Soup
|chicken broth||3 cups|
|carrot||8||peeled and diced|
|dried ground ginger||1 tsp|
- In a saucepan bring the water to a boil.
- Pour the washed lentils into the boiling water and lower to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 40 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Drain the lentils and set aside.
- In a separate saucepan bring the chicken broth to a boil over high heat and add the diced carrots. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the drained lentils and dried ground ginger to the chicken broth with carrots and simmer over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- For babies pour half of the soup into a blender or food processor and puree. Serve luke warm.