Carne Asada Tacos
Carne Asada Tacos Recipe. It wouldn't be a Mexican Fiesta without Carne Asada Tacos. If you're looking for party food make sure to include this dish in your menu. There is nothing like eating Carne Asada Tacos topped with a little onion, chopped cilantro, and green salsa.
|skirt steak||3 lbs|
|orange||3||sliced in half|
|garlic powder||3 Tbsps|
|seasoned salt||2 Tbsps|
|oregano (dried)||2 Tbsps|
|vegetable oil||1/2 cup|
|lemon||6||each cut into 4 wedges.|
- Combine the garlic powder, seasoned salt, pepper, and oregano. Combine thoroughly.
- In a baking dish spread out a layer of the onions.
- Place a piece of the meat over the onions.
- Squeeze 1/2 an orange over the meat.
- Sprinkle the seasoning to taste over the meat.
- Repeat the process with the remaining pieces of meat and continue to create a stack of meat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat with a 1/2 teaspoon of oil and fry the pieces of meat for about 3 minutes on each side until done. Repeat the process with the remaining pieces of meat.
- Warm up the tortillas using a skillet. Dice up the meat.
To make a proper taco: Get a tortilla. Place enough meat onto the tortilla so you can fold it in half and hold it in your hand. Top in the following order: onions, cilantro, salt, squeeze of a lemon.