Carne Asada is an all time Mexican favorite. It's great as a steak or chopped up for tacos.
|skirt steak||3 lbs|
|orange||3||sliced in half|
|garlic powder||3 Tbsps|
|seasoned salt||2 Tbsps|
|oregano (dried)||2 Tbsps|
|vegetable oil||1/2 cup|
- Combine the garlic powder, seasoned salt, pepper, and oregano. Combine thoroughly.
- In a baking dish spread out a layer of the onions.
- Place a piece of the meat over the onions.
- Squeeze 1/2 an orange over the meat.
- Sprinkle the seasoning to taste over the meat.
- Repeat the process with the remaining pieces of meat and continue to create a stack of meat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat with a 1/2 teaspoon of oil and fry the pieces of meat for about 3 minutes on each side until done. Repeat the process with the remaining pieces of meat.
- If your are barbecuing get your coals white hot to prevent flare ups and grill each side for about 4 to 6 minutes.