Cannellini Bean Salad
Cannellini Bean Salad Recipe. A delicious salad for any occasion. The crispness of the cannellini beans, spiciness of the onions, and the saltiness of the prosciutto makes a tasty combination welcome on any plate.
|cannellini bean||2 1/2 cups|
|Italian parsley||3 Tbsps||chopped|
|olive oil||2/3 cup|
|white wine vinegar||2 Tbsps|
|prosciutto||1/4 lb||thinly sliced and chopped|
|salt||1 1/2 tsps||to taste|
|pepper||3/4 tsp||to taste|
- Place the beans in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Allow to sit overnight.
- Drain the beans and place in a large stockpot.
- Cover the beans with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes until the beans are barely tender.
- Drain the water and pour the beans onto a baking sheet to cool and dry.
- Place the beans in a serving bowl and add the sliced yellow onion, green onion, parsley, and rosemary.
- Drizzle with olive oil, white wine vinegar, and lemon juice. Add the crushed garlic and thinly chopped prosciutto.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss. Allow to sit at room temperature for 2 hours before serving.