Caldo Tlalpeņo Recipe. A light and flavorful Mexican soup that gives you that touch of comfort every soup should provide.
|chicken broth||6 cups|
|garbanzo bean (canned)||1 cup||drained|
|carrot||1||medium size - peeled and chopped|
|onion||1/2||medium - chopped|
|chipotle chile (canned)||2 Tbsps||seeded and sliced thin|
|salt||1 Tbsp||to taste|
|avocado||1||pitted, peeled, and cubed|
|serrano chile||1||seeded and diced|
- In a large saucepan combine the chicken, chickpeas, garlic and chicken broth.
- Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken, allow it to cool, and shred.
- In a frying pan heat the oil and sauté the onions and carrots until the onions are translucent then add to the soup.
- Add the chiles and epazote to the soup and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken.
- Add salt to taste.
Allow your guests to garnish the soup with the avocado, chiles, cilantro, and limes.