Bruschetta Recipe. Need an easy to make appetizer for a party? This takes hardly any time and it's full of flavor. There is nothing like a combination of fresh basil with tomato on a slice of toasted bread.
|tomato||4||chopped into small pieces|
|basil (fresh)||1/2 cup||leaves torn apart into small pieces|
|olive oil||2 tsps|
|red wine vinegar||1 tsp|
|salt||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1 pinch||to taste|
|baguette||1||cut into 1 inch pieces|
|olive oil||1 cup|
|salt||1 1/2 tsps||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
- Heat your grill to medium heat or turn on your broiler.
- In a bowl combine the tomatoes, basil, olive oil, red wine vinegar, diced garlic, and capers. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Allow to sit for at least 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
- Place the baguette slices on your grill or broiler and toast each side for about 1 minute. Just enough time to get the desired grill marks. Test a piece before laying out all the slices.
- Remove from the grill and rub each slice of baguette on both sides with the clove of garlic.
- Lay out the baguette slices and top each piece with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Flip over the slices and repeat. Allow the bread to sit for at least 10 minutes so the oil can soak into the bread.
- Top each baguette slice with a tablespoon or more of the tomato basil salad and serve.