Broiled Lemon Chicken
Broiled Lemon Chicken Recipe. Not in the mood to spark up the grill? Try this delicious version of lemon chicken. The benefit of doing it inside in a broiler is that you retain the wonderful juices to make an incredible lemon sauce to pour over the beautifully broiled chicken.
|chicken||1||sliced in half|
|salt||1 1/2 tsps||to taste|
|black pepper||3/4 tsp||to taste|
|lemon juice||1 cup|
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|red wine vinegar||1 1/2 tsps|
|oregano (dried)||1/4 tsp|
|salt||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|Italian parsley||1/4 cup||chopped|
- Preheat broiler for 15 minutes. Salt and pepper chicken halves.
- Place chicken on broiler tray and broil for 15 minutes. Turn over and broil for an additional 15 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and red wine vinegar. Add the garlic clove, oregano, salt, and black pepper and mix well.
- Remove the chicken from the broiler and slice on a cutting board into pieces. Chicken wings, breasts, thighs, drumsticks.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet with the juices. Pour the sauce over the chicken pieces.
- Place back in the oven and roast for 3 minutes. Turn the pieces and broil for an additional minute.
- Remove the chicken pieces to a serving platter and pour the juices into a sauté pan. Stir in the Italian parsley.
- Stirring constantly over high heat reduce the sauce by half to concentrate the flavor.
- Pour the reduced sauce over the chicken and serve.