Bread Stuffing - Bacon & Apple
Bread Stuffing - Bacon & Apple Recipe. What makes Thanksgiving other than the turkey? Its the stuffing its all about the stuffing. The great thing about this stuffing is the balance between the tasty bacon and sweet apples.
|bacon||1 lb||cut into 1/4 inch pieces|
|onion||4||medium size -chopped into 1/4 inch dice|
|Granny Smith apple||2||peeled, core removed, and chopped into 1/4 inch cubes|
|parsley||1/2 cup||finely chopped|
|sage||3 Tbsps||sliced thin into 1/4 inch slices|
|bread stuffing||12 cups|
|chicken broth||1 cup|
- Warm the oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add the bacon. Cook until the bacon is evenly browned. Remove the bacon and drain on a plate covered with paper towels.
- Add the onions and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the cubed Granny Smith Apples and cook for 5 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the cooked bacon, parsley, sage, salt, pepper, bread stuffing, chicken broth, and eggs. Mix thoroughly. Remove from the heat.
- Grease a baking dish and pour in the bread stuffing mixture.
- Place uncovered in the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the top of the stuffing is crisp.
The most important ingredient for any stuffing is the bread cubes. If you have the time and want to make your stuffing extra special and tasty. Buy a 1 pound loaf of your favorite bread. It can be Focacia, French, or any other specialty bread that is baked with herbs and spices. Cut the bread into 1/2 inch cubes and place them on a cookie sheet. Toast them in your over for about 15 to 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Your guest will be ever so grateful.