Braised Pork Loin with Olives
Braised Pork Loin with Olives Recipe. There is nothing like braised pork to warm up an evening. Fork tender juicy pork bursting with flavor.
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|pork loin chop||2 1/2 lbs|
|salt||1 1/2 tsps|
|black pepper||3/4 tsp|
|tomato - chopped (canned)||1/2 lb|
|Mission olive||2 oz||pitted & sliced|
|white wine||1/2 cup|
|thyme (dried)||1/2 tsp|
|all-purpose flour||1 Tbsp|
|beef broth||1 cup|
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof stockpot or Dutch oven over high heat.
- Season the pork loin chops with salt and pepper. Brown the pork loin chops in the olive oil on each side for 2 minutes and remove.
- Add the yellow onion, celery, and carrot. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chopped tomato, sliced olive, white wine, bay leaf, and thyme. Sprinkle in the all-purposed flour and mix well. Cook uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the beef broth and pork loin chops and cover. Place in the oven and roast for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until the pork is fork tender.
- Remove the chops from the liquid and set aside.
- To make the sauce strain the liquid and return to the stock pot or Dutch oven. Place over high heat and reduce the liquid by half.
- Spoon the sauce over the pork loin chops and serve.