Blueberry Blintzes Recipe. A light crepe filled with bursting with flavor blueberries. A treat for any occasion.
|all-purpose flour||1 cup|
|unsalted butter||3 Tbsps||melted|
|lemon zest||1 tsp||diced|
|blueberry||1 1/4 lbs|
|Butter for Frying|
|unsalted butter||1/2 cup||melted|
|confectioners' sugar||1/2 cup|
- In a blender combine the milk, water, egg, flour, salt, and sugar. Blend on medium speed for 15 seconds until the batter is lump free. Add the melted butter and blend for another 5 seconds. Refrigerate the batter for at least 1 hour.
- In a saucepan combine the sugar, cinnamon, lemont zest, and blueberries. Mix well and place over medium heat. Allow it to come to a simmer for 2 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Heat an 8-inch crepe pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add enough melted butter to coat the pan for frying.
- Pour a 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and swirl it around until it evenly coats the bottom of the pan. Pour off excess. Cook for 30 to 45 seconds and flip. Cook for an additional 30 seconds. Remove to a plate and cover with a towel. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- To assemble the blintzes. Take a crepe and spoon 1 tablespoon of the blueberry filling on the lower third of the crepe.
- Fold the bottom edge away from you to just cover the filling. Fold the two sides into the center. Roll the crepe away from you a couple of times to form the blintz ending up with the seam side down. Repeat
- Reheat your sauté pan over medium heat and add more melted butter for frying. Fry each side of the blintz for 2 minutes until crisp.
- Remove to a plate and dust with confectioner's sugar. Serve right away.