Bleu Cheese Figs wrapped in Prosciutto
Bleu Cheese Figs Wrapped in Prosciutto Recipe. A quick decadent appetizer to kickoff any grilling event. Rich creamy bleu cheese in sweet figs wrapped up in salty prosciutto. A classic flavor combination all in one bite.
|fig||8||sliced in half lengthwise|
|bleu cheese||1/4 lb||crumbled|
|prosciutto||1/4 lb||sliced thin and cut into 3 inch strips lengthwise|
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
- If you are using a gas grill set the temperature to medium. If you are using a charcoal barbeque get the coals to the point that white ash is showing and the coals are glowing and are spread out in an even layer.
- Take a fig half and scoop out the flesh.
- Stuff with the bleu cheese.
- Wrap a piece of the prosciutto around the fig and secure with a toothpick.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Place on the hot grill. Grill on each side for 2 minutes.
- Remove the toothpicks and serve.