Berry Trifle Recipe. A simple quick desert that will wow your guests upon presentation. It's fresh and light and will not disappoint. This is a great desert for an outdoor meal.
|pound cake||1||sliced into 1/2 inch slices|
|almonds - sliced||1/2 cup|
|lemon||1||juiced and zested|
|heavy cream||2 cups|
- In a bowl combine the raspberry, blueberry, lemon juice, lemon zest, and sugar.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the fruit to macerate.
- Place the heavy cream and sugar into a mixer and whip until you form soft peaks.
- In a trifle dish place a layer of the pound cake.
- On top of the pound cake place a layer of the berries.
- On top of the berries place a layer of the whipped cream.
- On top of the berries place a layer of the almonds.
- Repeat the layering until you reach the top.
- Place in the refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
1 trifle will serve 8 to 12 guests.