Beef Stroganoff Recipe. A hearty comfort meal. Delicious pieces of sirloin, hearty egg noodles, in a rich creamy sauce.
|sirloin||2 1/2 lbs||cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|salt||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|olive oil||1/4 cup|
|button mushroom||2/3 lb||chopped|
|tomato paste||1 tsp|
|all-purpose flour||1 Tbsp|
|red wine||3/4 cup|
|beef broth||2 1/2 cups|
|egg noodles||1/3 lb|
|heavy cream||1/4 cup|
- Salt and pepper the sirloin cubes and set aside.
- Heat half of the olive oil in large sauté pan. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add the remaining olive oil and add the sirloin cubes. Sauté until all sides are browned about 6 minutes. Remove and place with the sautéed mushrooms.
- Add the onion to the sauté pan. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the tomato paste and all-purpose flour.
- Stir in the red wine and beef broth.
- Add back the sautéed mushrooms and beef. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the egg noodles and cook covered on low heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until the egg noodles are al dente.
- In bowl whisk together heavy cream and a smaller amount of the sauce from pan. Stir back into the sauté pan. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.