Basil-Scalloped Potatoes Recipe. Delicate layers of roasted potatoes in a delicious cream basil sauce. A great side dish for a family dinner.
|unsalted butter||1/4 cup|
|all-purpose flour||1 Tbsp|
|basil (dry)||1 tsp|
|black pepper||1 pinch|
|Italian parsley||1/2 cup||chopped|
|potato||6||peeled and sliced thin|
|unsalted butter||1 Tbsp||chopped|
|bread crumbs||1/2 cup|
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. In a small saucepan melt the unsalted butter over medium heat.
- Stir in the all-purpose flour, salt, basil, black pepper, and milk.
- Stir until the mixtures thickens and bubbles. Fold in the Italian parsley.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Ladle some of the bubbling sauce into the bottom of the baking dish and spread around to evenly coat.
- Layer in the thinly sliced potatoes. Pour the rest of the bubbling sauce over the potatoes.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven. Roast for 1 hour.
- Uncover and sprinkle the baking dish with the bread crumbs. Dollop the unsalted butter across the top of the potatoes.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes longer till potatoes are fork tender. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.