Basil Aioli Recipe. The perfect dip for grilled artichokes and an incredible spread for any sandwich.
|salt||1 1/2 tsps||to taste|
|lemon juice||1 Tbsp|
|black pepper||1 pinch||to taste|
- On a cutting board place the crushed garlic. Sprinkle the salt over the garlic. Begin to finely chop the garlic.
- Take the flat part of the knife and place over the garlic. Drag the knife across the board with the garlic underneath. Repeat this process. The garlic will begin to form a paste.
- Place the garlic paste in a bowl.
- Remove the basil leaves from their stems and stack them up. Take one edge of the stack and begin to roll the leaves to form a spiral shape.
- Take your knife and begin to make thin slices of the spiral shape. This is called a chiffonade cut.
- Place the chiffonade cut basil in the bowl with the garlic.
- Add the lemon juice and mayonnaise. Stir well and add salt and pepper to taste.
If you have a mortal and pestle by all means use it for this recipe. Place the garlic and salt in the mortar and mash with the pestle. Add the basil and continue to mash. Add the lemon juice and mayonnaise and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.