Baby Summer Squash Tian
Baby Summer Squash Tian. The first harvest of the season prepared in a very simple and classic manner that focuses on the true flavor of summer squash.
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|plum tomatoes - canned||3 cups|
|basil (dry)||1/2 tsp|
|oregano (dried)||1/2 tsp|
|thyme (dried)||1/4 tsp|
|salt||1 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|summer squash||1 lb||sliced|
|Italian parsley||1 Tbsp||chopped|
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Stir in the plum tomatoes, basil, oregano, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Combine well and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the tomato mixture into a shallow baking dish.
- Top with the sliced baby summer squash.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven to bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil. Garnish with Italian parsley and serve.