Asparagus Wrapped in Beef
What a great combination. Asparagus, beef, and a balsamic vinegar marinade. This is a great appetizer to kick off a meal and it's easy to prepare.
|asparagus||1 lb||ends trimmed|
|rib-eye steak||1/2 lb||sliced thin|
|salt||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|balsamic vinegar||1 cup|
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
- Salt and pepper the thin slices of rib eye steak.
- Carefully take one slice of the beef and wrap it around an asparagus spear. Repeat.
- Place the asparagus in a shallow baking dish and cover with the balsamic vinegar.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat and add the olive oil. Reduce to medium heat.
- Fry the wrapped asparagus until the meat is cooked. This should take about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove to a serving plate and allow it to sit for about 10 minutes.
Ask your butcher to slice your rib eye steak into thin slices.