Asparagus in Buerre Blanc
Asparagus in Buerre Blanc Recipe. A very simple elegant side dish that takes no time to make.
|asparagus||3/4 lb||trim the ends|
|white wine||1/2 cup|
|white wine vinegar||2 Tbsps|
|salt||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|white pepper||1 pinch||to taste|
|heavy cream||1 Tbsp|
|unsalted butter||1/2 cup||cold and cut into 8 slices|
- In a small saucepan combine the white wine, vinegar, and shallots.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and reduce by 3/4.
- Steam the asparagus for 4 minutes and remove to a plate.
- Stir in the heavy cream into the white wine and vinegar mixture.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter pieces one at a time until the sauce is white and creamy. Add the salt and white pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- Serve with the asparagus on top or to the side.
The buerre blance can be strained if desired.