A classic Italian breakfast dish that is so simple, light, and beautiful that it just might take the spot of your favorite omelet.
|asparagus||1 lb||ends cut off and sliced into 1/4 inch pieces|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp|
|olive oil||1/4 cup|
- Heat enough water in a saucepan to accommodate the sliced asparagus. Add half the olive oil to the water.
- In a bowl large enough to hold the sliced asparagus fill with water and ice. Once the water is ice cold remove the ice.
- Boil the asparagus for 2 minutes and then place in the ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Turn on your broiler.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a non-stick 12 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion slices until they are translucent and add the eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Add 1/2 the Parmigiano-Reggiano. Add the asparagus and top with the remaining cheese.
- Place in the broiler and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until the eggs become fluffy and the top becomes slightly browned. Remove and allow it to sit for at least 5 minutes. Place a plate over the skillet and flip it over to remove the frittata. Slice and serve.