Apple Clafouti Recipe. A classic French desert with a country presentation. Take a cast iron skillet, pour in the ingredients, bake, and Wha Lah! desert is served.
|all-purpose flour||2/3 cup|
|vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|unsalted butter||2 Tbsps|
|Granny Smith apple||4||peeled, cored, and chopped|
|confectioners' sugar||1 1/2 tsps|
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a blender combine the all-purpose flower, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, egg, butter. Blend until you have a smooth batter.
- In a cast iron skillet melt the butter over medium heat.
- Sauté the apples for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the sugar and carefully add the brandy. Mix well. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until the sugar is a syrup.
- Spread out the apples in the skillet and pour in the batter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Dust with confectioners sugar and serve.