Ahi Tower Recipe. With good ingredients you get a great dish. Fresh ahi tuna gently diced and enhanced with the perfect combination of chives, shallots, tomato, and yellow bell pepper.
|yellow bell pepper||1|
|plum tomato||1 cup|
|olive oil||3 Tbsps|
|salt||1 1/2 tsps|
|white pepper||1 pinch||to taste|
|olive oil||1 Tbsp|
- Stick a fork in the end of the yellow bell pepper and roast directly over an open gas flame on your stove. Turn frequently to char the skin all over. Place in a bowl and tightly cover with plastic wrap. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Cut an X into the bottom of the tomato. Place in the boiling water for 15 to 30 seconds and remove. Peel the tomato, slice in half, and gently squeeze out the seeds. Dice into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cut the ahi into a 1/4 inch dice. Place in a bowl.
- Mince the chive and place in the bowl.
- Mince the shallot and place in the bowl.
- To the bowl add the olive oil, salt, and white pepper. Mix well.
- Remove the cooled yellow bell pepper from the plastic covered bowl. Peel off the skin. Slice in half and remove the seeds and cut out the membrane and dice.
- In a separate bowl combine the diced tomato, yellow bell pepper, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Place a biscuit cutter on a cold plate and lay down a layer of ahi. Top with a layer of the tomato yellow bell pepper mixture. Top with another layer of ahi. Pat down gently to form a mold and remove the ring. Repeat.